The Bridge: Stress Management
What is Stress?
- A person’s physical and emotional response to change, whether change is positive or negative.
- Stress requires an adjustment or response.
- You can experience stress from your environment, your body or your thoughts.
- The human body is designed to experience stress and react to it.
- Stress can be positive, keeping us alert, motivated, and ready to avoid danger.
- Even positive life changes such as a promotion, a mortgage, or he birth of a child produce stress.
- Stress becomes negative when a person faces continuous challenges without relief or relaxation between stressors. As a result, the person becomes overwhelmed, and stress-related tension builds.
March 16, 2015 | Posted by CareOne | Filed in The Bridge