The Bridge: American Heart Month
It’s never too late to make better health choices. All you need is a goal, a plan and the desire to live better. Here are some simple steps to take:
- Don’t smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products.
- Have your blood pressure check regularly. Keep your blood pressuer below 120/80 mm Hg.
- Eat a healthy diet consistent with recommendations from the American Heart Association.
- Get at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity (or a combination) each week.
- Maintain a healthy weight (body mass index less than 25kg/m2).
- Keep your total cholesterol less than 200mg/dL.
- Keep your fasting blood glucose at less than 100 mg/dL.
March 16, 2015 | Posted by CareOne | Filed in The Bridge